Selling, buying, and carrying knives and weapons in the UK
The United Kingdom has strict laws on knives, guns, and weapons. Please read the following laws carefully before purchasing knives.
Basic laws on knives and weapons
According to UK.gov:
"It’s illegal to use any knife or weapon in a threatening way.
It’s also illegal to:
- carry most knives or any weapons in public without a ‘good reason’
- sell most knives or any weapons to anyone under the age of 18
- have a cutting edge no longer than 3 inches
- are not lock knives (they do not have a button, spring or catch that you have to use to fold the knife)
Good reasons for carrying a knife or weapon in publicIf the knife or weapon is not banned, some examples of ‘good reasons’ include using it:
- for your work
- for religious reasons, such as the kirpan some Sikhs carry
- as part of any national costume
A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife or a weapon if you’re charged with carrying it illegally."
Automatic Knives are Banned in the UK
Many popular automatic and OTF knives are illegal in the UK and several US states too. Read more on automatic knives here.
Blue Creek Knives that are Legal in the UK
Slip joint knives are the most popular type of legal knife in the UK for everyday carry. Blue Creek Knives carries several popular models under the 3 inch blade length law.
Rosecraft Blades Little Riverbend Skinner
Jack Wolf Knives Javelina Jack
Jack Wolf Knives Low Drag Jack
International Shipping Made Easy With Blue Creek KnivesWe have international shipping of knives and EDC gear down to a science. All taxes and duties are paid during checkout. Your items are packaged safely and all proper paperwork is completed on your behalf. Read more about our international shipping here.