Kershaw Leek | Silver
Model: Leek Silver Assisted Opening Knife
Blade Style: Wharncliffe
Opening Method:Assisted Opening Flipper/Thumb Stud
Pocket Clip: Yes
Blade Steel: Sandvik 14C28N
Overall Length: 7.00"
Blade Length: 3.00"
Country of Origin:USA
UK Legal: No
Blade Thickness: 0.09
The Kershaw Leek just may be the ideal EDC. With its 3-inch blade, the Leek is a good-sized knife, but not too big. The slim design makes it easy to carry and its razor-sharp blade of high-performance Sandvik 14C28N means it can take care of a full range of cutting tasks. This Leek is all stainless steel with a sturdy frame lock. It opens one-handed with Kershaw's assisted opening.
- Everybody’s favorite EDC; Made in the USA
- Sandvik 14C28N high-performance stainless steel blade holds its edge, resharpens easily
- Stainless steel handle is contoured for comfort
- Kershaw's assisted opening with convenient flipper; Tip-Lock secures blade when
FEATURES + DETAILS
- Use Everyday, Work
- Type Assisted, Folder
- Style Pocketknife
- Designer Ken Onion
- Blade Style Drop Point
- Blade Edge Plain
- Opening Action Assisted
- Opens With Flipper
- Lock Type Frame lock
- Pocketclip Reversible (right, tip-up/down)
- Handle Color Silver
- Sheath –
- Made in USA Yes
- Country of Origin USA: Design, Prototype, Quality Control, Manufacture
- Warranty Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Blade Length 3 in. (7.6 cm)
- Blade Material Sandvik 14C28N
- Blade Finish/Coating Bead-blasted finish
- Blade Thickness 0.09 in. (2.29 mm)
- Closed Length 4 in. (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material 410 stainless steel
- Handle Finish/Coating Bead-blasted finish
- Handle Thickness 0.31 in. (8.08 mm)
- Overall Length 7 in. (17.9 cm)
- Weight 3 oz. (85 g)
I bought this knife as a "gentleman's" knife to take with me to college, as it is small, sleek, and fits the 3 inches or under guideline for the blade. The knife feels good in the hand, and it definitely beats out the Chinese-made Kershaw folder that I am used to.
For the price point, and being made in the USA, it is tough to beat the Leek. You get a solid action, nice aluminum handles, and Swedish steel to boot!
Just don't abuse the tip (screwdriver, pry bar, anything you aren't supposed to do with a knife) as I have a friend who broke the tip off of his Leek. Even then, Kershaw will replace the blade for 25 bucks!
Thank you Blue Creek Knives! I definitely will look here when I crave another knife. Shipping was fast and service was great.